Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That silly Bear...


This little bear was purchased a while back I believe I picked it up at a good discount at Target for Valentines day for the kidlet. He took to it like no one would believe (the only thing to be this loved is his softy) He has needed it every night since to sleep and he naps SO much better with it. Not that it always works but if he is having a hard time I can usually find his bear outside of his crib. (his dad hasn't gotten that idea yet) Recently Brian and I became more aware of this by watching him pull it out of his crib every time and carry it with him. We often have to take it in the car... and I usually even make him leave it there so we won't lose it. As a back up plan we decided we needed two of the same bear. I went to Target and looked at all their shelves of sales to find no bear. Went online to their website (because some lady at Target told me they usually keep stalk of it there for MUCH longer than they do in the store...) she was wrong by the way. I called multiple Targets in our area hoping one had one hiding away somewhere and then I gave up. I remembered Ebay and went on and looked for this little bear. The only 3 listed were pretty much not an option. Two of them by the same seller were marked at $27.00 + $7.50 shipping... uhmm I got this bear for like nine something... it was originally $20 I think. The other one you ask... was USED.... uhmmm even more no. I was about to swallow my pride and buy the really expensive one when I decided I would wait a day and call a few more Targets just to make sure. Well no luck... when I got back online much to my disbelief I couldn't find ANY. Someone must have actually bought those overpriced bears apparently they are "rare," so I tried a few alternate searches and the last one revealed this little beauty he was priced at $14.99 + $7.50 for shipping. I bought him that instant. It was a little bit of a tender mercy. When we pulled up tonight the package was on the door step. I got it and opened it while Leland was napping. When he woke up and came out I had forgotten I had left him on the rocking chair and Leland got this silly grin on his face... looked at me then ran back into his room... came back out and shot towards his new bear... he picked it up and loved it for a minute and then ... you guessed it he left it. Guess we need to break this duplicate lovey in before he will love it as much as the original;)

2 comments:

Binkzerella said...

That's too cute... I miss you and little Lee. When we get back from college station this weekend for the other Amanda's wedding we need to hang - and on some other day than Tuesday when you see Amanda b/c I cant do that day ever. <3

Mike'n'Amy said...

So...is Brian sleeping with it now to break it in? Or is that your job? Which one of you drools better?