Saturday, October 29, 2011

Interesting....

After Reading my friends birth story for her son, and a few others, mine included... isn't it interesting that we as women pass judgement on each other for how we choose to deliver our children, what method we use to feed them etc. instead of uplifting each other and supporting... We need to snap out of it and just love and support. There are enough things going on after you have a baby, worrying about what someone thinks or is going to say shouldn't be one of them. That is why I LOVE my kiddos doctor. At the one month check up he asked what I was feeding him and I said that today was the last day of supplementing with breast milk. I just don't have the supply and its so overwhelming and tiring to pump and remember to pump when you are out and about. I didn't even have to say that last part in my defense he just nodded noting that he remembered me being concerned about my supply and what formula was I using. No judgement, no questions. Just that he remembered (or had read in the notes before our appointment) that I had been stressed about my supply.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! Of course, if asked, then by all means give an opinion. But otherwise keep it to yourself. And this works for SO MANY THINGS!!!

For example: If you really wanted to get married you would be. It isn't that hard to find a man.

LJ, DC and ML said...

Of course you know I agree. No surprise there! :) Hurray for great supportive doctors!