Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Robin's eggs

I don't know about Ya'll but it seems everyone has a fave Easter time candy and mine since I was little is Robin Eggs ( I don't put peeps in this category because they started making them for every holiday so I don't have to wait a whole year before I can get those... yes I know some of you just gagged when I referenced peeps:D) Anywho I always buy a bag when I see them first appear on the shelves (or three) because I am so excited, and as I pop them into my mouth I remember that when I was little I used to lick them and then paint them on my lips like lipstick with my sisters (funny I would never dare use lipstick now because I am uneducated in the ways of makeup!) but its a fun memory and then I realize my tongue has paid the price... all that sugar and malted milk ball goodness does not get along with my tongue and it usually hurts for the rest of the day (maybe that is a sign that I am eating too many at one sitting) I set the bag up high enough thinking Leland wouldn't see it... but boy was I wrong...

I had gone to put away some laundry so I would have a clothes basket to move the stuff out of the dryer so I could move our freshly washed garments into the dryer and start a new load... and when I came out I found this... He was covered in blue drool... It didn't so up well but it was pretty gross my friend!
SO I threw him in the shower and went back to putting the laundry away only later when I had finished enough to go and switch the laundry did I realize that I had left it open and the ones Leland couldn't eat he had tossed in with my clean garments... (it should be noted that I had spent most of the previous night up cleaning up puke... from my carpet and moldings and walls and his crib... ) So I may have come a little unglued at this sight... just wished I had thought clearly enough to snap a picture of my newly dyed garments although i suppose its better that I didn't... given the nature of the clothing. Anyway after a good wash in bleach they all came out fab and he will live to tell the tale...

*I should note the green stuff on the bathroom wall is crayon that is made for that... I promise its not something funky growing on our tiles.... and that fabulous shower curtain was a gift... who knew Ralph Lauren did Leopard print? It should also be noted that I LOVE it:D


1 comment:

Momba said...

Green crayon, I didn't see any green crayon!