Tuesday, May 12, 2009

27 and tired:D

I had a Fabulous day yesterday! Which doesn't happen all that often! The morning started out a little rough with hiccups along the way, but when we got to the Zoo I am relieved to say I was happy to be there! Hopie gave me some speakers for the car (she says she is sure Toby is tired of hearing such loud music all the time) because our speakers in the front have been out for a LONG LONG time! We are super excited and found a friend to put them in for us for a small fee, I think I may call Dad Hamilton and see if he knows how to do it:D Anyway the Zoo was soggy and wet, but that didn't stop us, we made it to the Gorillas, and had our first fun experience for the day. The Zoo had gotten two new female gorillas and they are quite spirited. One came over to the glass to check us out and she jumped at the smaller group of Amy Eli Zeke and Rachael. I was with Leland over at the biggest of the 3 she just had her Lens replaced in her eyes so she could see things for the first time, and she was MUCH calmer, and just glanced over her shoulder at us. I decided to go see the more active gorillas just in time to catch her gearing up to jump on the glass and bang... Poor Eli had Amy's hands around his neck, certain that if she let him go he was a gonner. Leland had had enough after that experience as well. He turned around and clawed to get up. As we were walking away from the gorillas, it started to rain some (Hope Rachael and Matthew were the only ones who thought to bring umbrellas (although I am pretty sure robert stole ours) and Leland had taken a liking to walking with Matthews I walked a little way in front of him, and Amy was walking behind him, and that little stinker got me with the umbrella, I didn't know if Amy would be able to continue to walk she was laughing so hard. It was quite funny, and now I know he is mine:D


We headed to McDonalds to get out of the rain and stayed there for about an hour and a half. The kids all seemed to have fun, and Brian chased ours around so it was a nice lunch for me! Amy had offered to take Leland home with her so we could spend the day together, and so we took her up on it, and it was lovely we went and saw Star Trek, went to look at backpacks I may have fallen in love with this one. But alas it is $89.00 and while I can almost justify it ( I am going to be gone for a month, and one of the weeks we will be at a cabin in the mountains, and it will be so much nicer to have a "nice" backpack to use as a diaper bag. We shall see, I may still go get it, but I am looking around a bit.

I got my toes done (thanks Mom Hamilton) and I got a Carmel apple :D and then we headed to dinner with some friends at Texas Roadhouse! It was an awesome day and thanks to everyone especially Amy who helped out so much with Leland so it could be relaxing!

2 comments:

Manda Rambles said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday! You know we love you! <3

Jules said...

I'm glad you got to relax! Nothing like cute toes to make a day fun! Happy belated birthday!