Sunday, July 25, 2010

Binkies....

I know half of my friends absolutely despise that I call them Binkies... because they are pacifiers but whatever you know you still love me. Lately everyone and their dog have been telling me its time to cut the use of these for good. Those of you that know us know he only gets them at church on Sundays (this greatly helps with the noise level during sacrament) and naps/bedtime. Now while I totally agree and he will be 3 here in September there is part of me that just can't let go of his last bit of baby. I have shaved his head so he will be cool and got him learning to drink out of cups (which he is pretty handy at till he starts playing.... this one will take a LOT longer I am afraid) and we have been starting the talks for the potty training. That last one he isn't ready for so we just "talk" about it for now. But still we are moving in the direction of big boy faster than I wanted to. And since we are struggling to get another baby here its even harder to give up the binkies. As someone stated on their blog, its the last shred of baby. Sure Leland still uses diapers but man nothing says baby like needing a pacifier. I think though that once Amy gets home from her vacation and things return to a semi normal happenings we will try to back down the use one thing at a time. That way he doesn't have total withdraw. I guess this post is just to inform those of you who are wondering why it hasn't disappeared yet. All in good time.....

1 comment:

Ann said...

THEY ARE BINKIES. :) Binky, binky, binky. (Or Binker in my case) Neener neener all you friends that don't like them being called a binky.