Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 random things

Anyways, on to the tag! Here are the rules!
1. Link to the person who tagged you and list these rules on your post.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, by leaving their names, as well as links to their blogs.
4. Comment to the people you've tagged and let them know they've been tagged.
Here goes nothing! :)


1. I have a strong belief that wash cloths are disposable, if you leave them too long and they develop a funk or you use them to clean up something ultra nasty than I toss them. I cannot stand having my hands smell nasty because I wanted to wash a counter. I have a love of Clorox wipes and I keep them on hand:) Target has great deals on wash cloths twice a year, you can get 12 for 1.44 so even if you use them 2 or 3 times only its a great deal. I however do wash more than I throw away for all you environmentalists out there...

2. I love to quote movies... I realized that this was a problem when I was dating a Richard in college and the Tommy boy and black sheep lines kept falling out of my mouth:) However recently I have re discovered this problem as I like to quote Madagascar and lets just say when you say "shut up your so annoying" without the lemur kings accent people look at you like you are the worst mother ever... did I mention that I say it to Leland, I have since curbed this habit:)

3.I take cool showers and do my hair in the buff... TMI I know, but before you think dirty just know that I live in Texas and during the summers even with the thermostat set at 70 I still can't cool off for a long time after I do my hair....

4. I have "arthritis" of the sternum yeah that's not what its called, but its when the joints between the ribs and the sternum become inflamed, and the reason it isn't really arthritis is because it doesn't happen all the time. It happens when I am stressed, or angry... which means it happens most of the time:) The only the doctor told me I could do for it, was take a warm shower and "pull" my fingers from my sternum out trying to relieve some of the pressure.. neat huh...

5. I played Volleyball in 8th grade.. on the C team, that's for 5'3 and under:) They called me Lamby until after the game they would use my other nickname, hamburger... not sure how I got that one come to think of it, but I have a little bit of a competitive side to me and by a little bit I mean a lot, which is why I eventually gave it up even as a church sport... I DON"T LIKE TO LOSE this is true with board games as well:)

6. I tried out for the cheerleader team my sophomore year, and I was the only one cut... I was pretty disappointed and it cost me a friend, I know that makes her not a true friend anyway but she still thinks I said mean things about her that I never said... she told a mutual guy friend who then informed me I needed to stop talking trash about her, and I was like what????? Yeah I didn't like high school that much....

7. I am afraid to try new things... Yeah you would think that would go away once you grow up and you wouldn't care anymore but I was even afraid to try to learn to knit (granted I am baby stepping this one with the loom knitting first) I was afraid I would be bad at it and I would get made fun of, which is why I shy away from most things I have never done!

I am not going to tag anyone because most everyone I know has been tagged!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Totally with ya on throwing the washcloths out, not liking high school, and not trying new things.

I liked to play volleyball & would've tried out for that and cheerleading if I'd had any sense of coordination. There are a few movie quotes that I can't stop saying.

Wow, it looks like other than me not having hair to do.. we have a lot in common. :)

Jen said...

Allie, I loved all the things you wrote about. I hate washclothes too! I said something about that on my tag, lol. Oh and I hate things that are left in the fridge too long. I'm always willing to throw the whole container out. My hubby insists we just wash them. Now, I just am sure to clean out the fridge every week the day before trash day! That way, not as much growing in there!